Would you like to make this site your homepage? It's fast and easy...
Yes, Please make this my home page!
To create a web page, you need a word processor.
Windows includes two word processing programs : Notepad and WordPad.
Many people who use HTML to create Web pages find ( Notepad ) a simple tool
for writing in HTML.
To open Notepad | WordPad, click Start, point to All Programs, point
to Accessories, and then click Notepad | WordPad.
All HTML documents must have the following basic form :
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<title> Insert your document's title </title>
<Meta name="Keywords" Content="??, ??, ??"></meta>
<Meta name="Description" Content="??, ??, ??"></meta>
Insert Your Work Here : text and graphics
& Save your work
- To save your document for the first time, click ( Save ) on the
Standard toolbar, or click ( Save As ) on the File menu.
- You use The Save As dialog box to tell Notepad or WordPad or any other Word processor where you want to store
the document on your computer, and what you want to call it.
- To name your document, write the following in the file name box :
A Name + a period (.) + an Extension ( html or htm )
- The page you are reading is named : ( Basics.html )
- A web Site must have a home page saved as :
( index.html ) or ( home.html )
- The home page is the first page that must have Links to all your files.
- It is much better to write your tags in small.
- Some tags and attributes use US spelling i.e. color instead of colour. It is important that you are careful
to use the same spelling.
& Store your work
Important : Always Look at ( Save in ) box to know where your file is or will be stored so you can find it again.
Do one of the Options :
- Click My Documents, then Click Save.
- Click a Folder in My Documents, Click Open, then Click Save.
- Click My Computer to have all your disk drives :
( C: ), ( D: ), ( E: ) , etc.
Click One of them, Click Open, then Click Save.
& NOTE :
Never store your documents on the same drive as your operating system.
& The Tags :
<div align="Left | Right | Center"> Text </div>
& Objects are aligned Left by default. No Need to use <align="left">
- <p> :
& To add an empty line above a text, an image or table, use : <p> </p>
The closing tag </p> is often unnecessary
<p>An empty line is added above the Line you are reading.
- Line Break <br> :
& You can end a Line where you insert <br> and start a new Line.
& You can use two < br > Tags or one < p > Tag to skip a line. To skip
lots of Lines , repeat the Tags.
< br >
< br >
< p >
<!-- ••• --> allows you to insert comments into an HTML document and have
them completely ignored by the browser. Comments may not have double
hyphens (--) within them.
& Upload your Site
Find a server to help you upload your pages.
Here is a good one :
You will see the buttons: ASCII, Binary, and Auto. When you're uploading text files,
you would upload them in ASCII. Just select that button, and it will upload properly.
When you're uploading images, you upload them in Binary. Just select the Binary button
and it will upload properly.
& A search engine site
Go to a search engine site, Google is one of the best, and look for a link that says "add URL" or
"suggest a site". Just click on the link and follow directions. In case you
don't find The "add URL" Link, In search box write (ADD URL), then press
SEARCH and follow the instructions.
& Free Submission